Emergency Room Facility and Equipment
Whether you experience a minor illness or injury, fracture, severe injury, chest pain, or worse, Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center is available to attend to your emergency medical needs. Utilizing state-of-the-art equipment, our experienced emergency physicians and staff provide you with the treatment and care that you need. The Meadowlands ER staff has access to advanced technology to diagnose and treat your medical emergency. Our ER physicians also work with your doctor and other specialists to provide you the best possible care.
Meadowlands Emergency Room features:
- 17 emergency care beds (which can be expanded to 24, if needed) that offer basic comfort and privacy while you are evaluated, diagnosed and treated.
- The latest in electronic medical records technology that enables efficient patient tracking, documentation and physician ordering. This allows our emergency staff to review the current status of all patients at a moment’s notice.
- A centralized, nursing station that offers the latest in technology for all members of our emergency care team.
- A negative-pressure isolation area to prevent cross-contamination of illnesses.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment equipment, including cardiac monitors, x-ray, advanced diagnostic imaging, and ultrasound.
- A medical evaluation process that ensures a more efficient flow of patients through the ER, proven to reduce wait times while improving patient satisfaction.
As the primary EMS provider for Secaucus, Meadowlands EMS has two ambulances dedicated to serving the town. One ambulance is stationed at the hospital while the second is stationed at the Secaucus Office of Emergency Management (OEM) location in the center of town. With this arrangement, each ambulance, staffed by two certified EMTs, can respond to any location in town in less than eight minutes (with a recent average response of five minutes). All Meadowlands Hospital ambulances and equipment are maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition, and exceed New Jersey compliance and inspection requirements. In addition to traditional ambulance services, Meadowlands EMS operates a Specialty Care Transport Unit (SCTU), specialized ambulance for critically ill patients.