The Easiest Way of Relieving Stress
We all know that any day can be stressful on yourself and on your body. Between working a long day, picking up the kids from school, cooking and cleaning you are exhausted and cannot wait to relax. A busy week can take a significant toll on your body and mental health. It is important for you to take some time and relive stress the easiest way possible.
Everyone has their own approach of relieving stress and anxiety that has built up. Here at Meadowlands Hospital we think that these tips and pointers will help you to do so.
• Express yourself through writing. Writing is the best way possible for you to document what is brothering you. Writing will help you stay organized and track your day. You can write down things in a journal or an online blog that will recap your day's events and how those events make you feel. After you pinpoint issues,you can try to find ways to cope with them so they will not be a problem any longer.
• Speak out. Social media and other online networking sites offer a great opportunity toreach out to your friends and family. The Internet is not the only way to reach out to others. Visiting friends and family and communicating with loved ones on the phone can be very therapeutic. This will also help you bond with people and create a stronger connection.
• Do something fun by yourself or with your family. Many times people feel too busy and overwhelmed to do something that they enjoy. People often make too much time for others and not for themselves. You can make time and do something that is fun and that will help you relax and clear your mind. Think of creative outlets you may have such as arts and crafts or take your pets for a walkand even visit the lake or a beach on a beautiful summer day.
• Get active.Exercise is a great stress reliever that will benefit not only your body but also your mood! Go to a local gym or park, participate in a yoga or spinning class or even taking a long walk can be beneficial. Spend some time playing catch with the kids or riding a bike. The fresh air will clear your mind and will help your body adjust to the warm weather that is approaching.
• Meditate. Taking 2 to 3 minutes to stop, taking a breath and clearing your mind of negative thoughts will help focus thesenses and calm your active mind.
• Listen to some music. Music has always been related to relieving stress and affecting your mood. Take some time and calm yourself down by listening to your favorite artist. You can even try a new style or something softer and slower.
• Take a bath. As adults we tend to take showers more than a bath to save time. However, taking a bath could be a great stress reliever. It is hard to pass up a nice warm bubble bath, with a good book and cup of tea. It will relax those tense muscles and melt away your stresses.
• Get a massage. Massages are great for your body and brain. So call up your favoritespa and schedule an appointment today.Local massage therapy schools offer discounted treatments.
• Try new foods.Consuming certain food items have shown to decrease stress:
Fish, especially salmon
Not only are these foods nutritious and essential to your everyday diet, they are proven to relieve stress so you can get through a long working week.
In the end you deserve a little time for yourself right? So the next time you feel overwhelmed take some time outof your busy schedule to treat yourself and do what you love.