We are very proud to share with you what our patients say about Meadowlands Hospital... Read more
“ICU and Med Surg Unit – everyone went above and beyond to keep me comfortable. They including the Respiratory aides were all good to me. Everyone took great care of me. Dietary staff was very pleasant. All the nurses were great and tended to my every need with a pleasant attitude. The doctors were great and was very informative and made me smile! Everyone at the Meadowlands Hospital was very nice to my family.”
— Susan S., Meadowlands Hospital HCAHPS/3West Patient, June 2017
“My nurses were amazing and the candlelight dinner was great! (MHMC staff) made sure my visitors were comfortable. Doctors always kept me informed of my son’s health. On discharge, nurses made sure I knew what I needed to take care of myself at home. I really loved my stay at this hospital.”
— Shanice R., Meadowlands Hospital HCAHPS/Postpartum Patient, April 2017
“All staff at the Meadowlands Hospital were concerned and helpful.”
— Mary C., Meadowlands Hospital Emergency Room Patient, July 2017
Emergency Room Facility and Equipment
Whether you experience a minor illness or injury, fracture, severe injury, chest pain, or worse, Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center is available to attend to your emergency medical needs. Utilizing state-of-the-art equipment, our experienced emergency physicians and staff provide you with the treatment and care that you need. The Meadowlands ER staff has access to advanced technology to diagnose and treat your medical emergency. Our ER physicians also work with your doctor and other specialists to provide you the best possible care.
Meadowlands Emergency Room features:
- 17 emergency care beds (which can be expanded to 24, if needed) that offer basic comfort and privacy while you are evaluated, diagnosed and treated.
- The latest in electronic medical records technology that enables efficient patient tracking, documentation and physician ordering. This allows our emergency staff to review the current status of all patients at a moment's notice.
- A centralized, nursing station that offers the latest in technology for all members of our emergency care team.
- A negative-pressure isolation area to prevent cross-contamination of illnesses.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment equipment, including cardiac monitors, x-ray, advanced diagnostic imaging, and ultrasound. - A medical evaluation process that ensures a more efficient flow of patients through the ER, proven to reduce wait times while improving patient satisfaction.
As the primary EMS provider for Secaucus, Meadowlands EMS has two ambulances dedicated to serving the town. One ambulance is stationed at the hospital while the second is stationed at the Secaucus Office of Emergency Management (OEM) location in the center of town. With this arrangement, each ambulance, staffed by two certified EMTs, can respond to any location in town in less than eight minutes (with a recent average response of five minutes). All Meadowlands Hospital ambulances and equipment are maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition, and exceed New Jersey compliance and inspection requirements. In addition to traditional ambulance services, Meadowlands EMS operates a Specialty Care Transport Unit (SCTU), specialized ambulance for critically ill patients.