We are very proud to share with you what our patients say about Meadowlands Hospital... Read more
“Dietary staff were very nice. Nurses are very nice, helpful, caring and listen to you. Radiology staff was also very nice and took the time to explain things to you. Security guards were cool.”
— Elaine P., Meadowlands Hospital HCAHPS/3West Patient, August 2017
“Exceptional care from doctors, nurses and Radiology staff. Very pleased with my treatment at the Meadowlands Hospital.”
— Cosimo R., Meadowlands Hospital Emergency Room Patient, August 2017
“Everyone at the Meadowlands Hospital was helpful and pleasant. All nurses were attentive and willing to make me as comfortable as possible.”
— Margaret K., Meadowlands Hospital Ambulatory Services Patient, August 2017
- Digital Mammography and 3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis) are scheduled Monday-Friday, 7:30am –5:30pm.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsies are scheduled every Wednesday, 8am–1pm.
- You must be at the Radiology Department/Outpatient Registration a minimum of 30 minutes before your exam.
- You need to bring all previous Images/Films with you.
Ordered to screen breast for masses.
- Please do not wear Perfume, Powder or Deodorant for the exam.
- You can eat meals as normal for the exam.
- There are no restrictions on any medications.
3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
Performed with digital mammography using the same scanner. It takes multiple images of the entire breast.
- Same preparation as for Digital Mammography.
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Done to locate a breast lump or abnormality and remove a tissue sample to be examined under a microscope.
- Outside Images must be brought in at least two weeks before procedure. If you have had Images at Meadowlands Hospital, there is no special preparation.
- You may eat a light breakfast on the procedure day.
- You cannot be on any type of blood thinner, e.g., ASPIRIN.