We are very proud to share with you what our patients say about Meadowlands Hospital... Read more
“Nurses were very kind. Excellent service – everything at the Meadowlands Hospital was perfect. Many thanks.”
— Mirna C., Meadowlands Hospital Ambulatory Services Patient, November 2017
“The morning of my surgery, we were properly greeted and waited on – we were made very comfortable. My son commented on how clean the hospital was…I would like to take this time to commend, bless and praise the anesthesiologist Shanon Kleinman who inserted my line. I am petrified of needles – only once in my life did I have a pleasant IV experience now I have a second positive experience! Dr. Kleinman had the most peaceful disposition and manner about him! His bedside manner and expertise are beyond compare! I know that Dr. Vagmin Vora and the staff were doing their jobs but we were made to feel as if we were special! Everybody made my surgery personal! I am very, very pleased with the care and attention I received during my stay at the Meadowlands Hospital – the staff over extended themselves in all ways. They thought of everything and made sure we did too!”
— Carmen D., Meadowlands Hospital Ambulatory Services Patient, October 2017
“I was in your hospital two times and both visits were very good experiences!”
— Ann S., Meadowlands Hospital HCAHPS/3West Patient, October 2017
- Digital Mammography and 3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis) are scheduled Monday-Friday, 7:30am –5:30pm.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsies are scheduled every Wednesday, 8am–1pm.
- You must be at the Radiology Department/Outpatient Registration a minimum of 30 minutes before your exam.
- You need to bring all previous Images/Films with you.
Ordered to screen breast for masses.
- Please do not wear Perfume, Powder or Deodorant for the exam.
- You can eat meals as normal for the exam.
- There are no restrictions on any medications.
3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
Performed with digital mammography using the same scanner. It takes multiple images of the entire breast.
- Same preparation as for Digital Mammography.
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Done to locate a breast lump or abnormality and remove a tissue sample to be examined under a microscope.
- Outside Images must be brought in at least two weeks before procedure. If you have had Images at Meadowlands Hospital, there is no special preparation.
- You may eat a light breakfast on the procedure day.
- You cannot be on any type of blood thinner, e.g., ASPIRIN.