We are very proud to share with you what our patients say about Meadowlands Hospital... Read more
“Everyone who took care of me at Meadowlands Hospital from the Emergency Room to ICU to the unit where I was discharged, did an excellent job.”
— Ann G., Meadowlands Hospital HCAHPS/3West Patient, August 2017
“Nurses couldn’t have been kinder or more understanding. There were no delays. I would definitely recommend Meadowlands Emergency Room and if I or my husband were injured again we would definitely go there.”
— Elaine B., Meadowlands Hospital Emergency Room Patient, September 2017
“Very good experience. No delays at all. I would recommend this hospital to everyone – I will always go to Meadowlands Hospital. I was treated like a queen!”
— Barbara D., Meadowlands Hospital Ambulatory Services Patient, September 2017
- Digital Mammography and 3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis) are scheduled Monday-Friday, 7:30am –5:30pm.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsies are scheduled every Wednesday, 8am–1pm.
- You must be at the Radiology Department/Outpatient Registration a minimum of 30 minutes before your exam.
- You need to bring all previous Images/Films with you.
Ordered to screen breast for masses.
- Please do not wear Perfume, Powder or Deodorant for the exam.
- You can eat meals as normal for the exam.
- There are no restrictions on any medications.
3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
Performed with digital mammography using the same scanner. It takes multiple images of the entire breast.
- Same preparation as for Digital Mammography.
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Done to locate a breast lump or abnormality and remove a tissue sample to be examined under a microscope.
- Outside Images must be brought in at least two weeks before procedure. If you have had Images at Meadowlands Hospital, there is no special preparation.
- You may eat a light breakfast on the procedure day.
- You cannot be on any type of blood thinner, e.g., ASPIRIN.