We are very proud to share with you what our patients say about Meadowlands Hospital... Read more
“ICU and Med Surg Unit – everyone went above and beyond to keep me comfortable. They including the Respiratory aides were all good to me. Everyone took great care of me. Dietary staff was very pleasant. All the nurses were great and tended to my every need with a pleasant attitude. The doctors were great and was very informative and made me smile! Everyone at the Meadowlands Hospital was very nice to my family.”
— Susan S., Meadowlands Hospital HCAHPS/3West Patient, June 2017
“My nurses were amazing and the candlelight dinner was great! (MHMC staff) made sure my visitors were comfortable. Doctors always kept me informed of my son’s health. On discharge, nurses made sure I knew what I needed to take care of myself at home. I really loved my stay at this hospital.”
— Shanice R., Meadowlands Hospital HCAHPS/Postpartum Patient, April 2017
“All staff at the Meadowlands Hospital were concerned and helpful.”
— Mary C., Meadowlands Hospital Emergency Room Patient, July 2017
- Digital Mammography and 3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis) are scheduled Monday-Friday, 7:30am –5:30pm.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsies are scheduled every Wednesday, 8am–1pm.
- You must be at the Radiology Department/Outpatient Registration a minimum of 30 minutes before your exam.
- You need to bring all previous Images/Films with you.
Ordered to screen breast for masses.
- Please do not wear Perfume, Powder or Deodorant for the exam.
- You can eat meals as normal for the exam.
- There are no restrictions on any medications.
3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
Performed with digital mammography using the same scanner. It takes multiple images of the entire breast.
- Same preparation as for Digital Mammography.
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Done to locate a breast lump or abnormality and remove a tissue sample to be examined under a microscope.
- Outside Images must be brought in at least two weeks before procedure. If you have had Images at Meadowlands Hospital, there is no special preparation.
- You may eat a light breakfast on the procedure day.
- You cannot be on any type of blood thinner, e.g., ASPIRIN.